4thWay P2P Forecast Returns Index
Forecast returns for investors lending their money today is:
4.37% per year
As of 24th January 2020
The 4thWay® P2P Forecast Returns Index shows the forecast returns for individuals lending their money to consumer, business and property borrowers throughcompanies.
It reflects the interest rates that ordinary lenders can expect to get, on average, after fees and forecast bad debts, if they spread their money equally.
The index was launched on 3rd December, 2014. It is the first everbenchmark with all data updated daily.
Suitable for individual lenders
The 4thWay® P2P Forecast Returns Index is a forward-looking index that is designed to be best for ordinary individuals who are choosing to lend their money, rather than high-net worth investors or institutions. As such:
- It excludes P2P lending companies requiring a minimum investment of £1,000 or more in a single loan.
- It excludes P2P lending companies that are exclusive and not available to all small lenders.
- It excludes P2P lending companies that don't easily enable you to lend regularly and quickly.
- It accounts for around 85% of the market by lending amount.
- All interest rates used in the calculation are converted to compounding so that rates are on the same basis.
- Money is spread evenly rather than weighted, due to small investors not being seriously constrained by lending volume like large and institutional investors are.
No deductions are made for cash held in P2P lending accounts that are not currently on loan.
- Assetz Capital
- Funding Circle
- Growth Street
- Lending Works
- Octopus Choice
Click here for the full history.